Thursday, October 27, 2011

List o' Books!

Hey there! This post is gonna be a list of the books I'm currently reading and books I will be reading soon! I'm hoping to do posts for most of these books, so please stay tuned! XD

Books I'm currently reading:
Totto-chan by Tetsuko Kuroyanagi. Translated by Dorthy Britton. (I'm just over half way done with this. Had to pause in reading for a week or so because of school, but I should have it finished really soon.)
Japan Meets the World: The Birth of a Superpower by John R. Roberson. (This is part of my "Read Every Book About Japan In The Library" plan. ("Read Japan Plan" for short) ^-^ I also used it in an essay for my history class.)
Five Gentlemen of Japan: the portrait of a nation's character by Frank Gibney. (See my comment above. ^-^)

Books I'm gonna read soon:
The Young Traveler in Japan by Ann Thwaite. (Part of the Read Japan Plan. It also looks really interesting!)
The Japanese Have a Word for It: The Complete Guide to Japanese Thought and Culture by Boyé Lafayette De Mente. (Once again, part of the Read Japan Plan. I've wanted to read this book for a while, just didn't have too much time.)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling. (OK, this one is because I have never actually read the Harry Potter series but no matter where I go I have a couple friends who almost live by Harry Potter. This is so I can kind of understand what they're talking about... Besides, I've been borrowing this book for over a month and still haven't read it. It's time... ^-^)

After those books (long term reading goals):
My amazing friend, Stella, gave me sooooo many books!!! So after the books I've already listed, I'll be starting the Diary of a Teenage Girl series (16 books) as well as continuing with my Read Japan Plan.

So, that's what I'm reading! Now, What are YOU reading? ^-^

Facts about the Read Japan Plan: I have made it my mission to read every book in my school's library that has any focus on Japan within two to four years (hence the full name "Read Every Book About Japan In The Library" plan). After college I plan to continue the Read Japan Plan (hence the shortened name more practical to say and not dealing with the school's library... No, I don't want to stay in school for the rest of time).

Anyways, that's enough from me. Thank you very much for reading! I appreciate it! And please expect reviews and comments on these books soon! Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Noble aspiration! You will become the local expert on the country.

    ReplyDelete